I’ve been wanting to shower you all in free gifts for a long while now, but so far I haven’t been in a financial position to be able to do that really – but I have been saved by the lovely people behind the Great British Sewing Bee Live, who have given me a whopping five pairs of tickets to give away to you lovely lot!
So first, I’ll give you some details on what the event is all about, and then I’ll tell you how to enter! Or if you don’t fancy the anticipation of entering a giveaway, I have a discount code at the bottom of the post for you to use when you buy your tickets.
We all know how rad the Great British Sewing Bee was on the telly, right? Well, there’s a live event! The event is going to be at the ExCel Centre in London, between the 21st and 24th of September this year – and boy oh boy is there a lot going on! I could go into lots of detail, but this post is going to be long enough with me telling you how to get involved in the giveaway, so for now I’ll give you some bullet points, and I’ll direct you on over to their lovely website – but don’t worry, I’ll be doing another post about what’s going on at the event in much more detail too!
Here’s what’ll be happening in the jam-packed GBSB Live schedule:
- There’ll be a Super Theatre (with 1200 seats!) presented by the comedian Jenny Eclair (a keen stitcher herself, by the sounds of things) featuring GBSB judges Patrick Grant and Esme Young! The show will:
- Run twice a day
- Have appearances from GBSB judges as well as past contestants – the judges will be giving their best stitchy tips, as well as exclusive behind the scenes glimpses of the Sewing Bee
- Have a challenge element, where people (willing people, don’t worry – you won’t be picked totally at random!) can go onstage alongside the contestants and put their sewing techniques to the test! I’ll give you more details on how to register your interest for the challenge in one of my future posts… so make sure you’re following my blog!
- More than 250 workshops and demonstrations by previous GBSB contestants and top tutors
- Dressmaking drop-in clinics – for those projects that you’re getting so very cross with that you’re tempted to just throw them to the back of a cupboard and never lay eyes upon again
- A make at home fashion catwalk, hosted by Vogue Patterns (!!!)
- Garment and vintage galleries
- Over 200 dressmaking and sewing suppliers – so make sure you bring your money because you’ll be spending lots of it!
I could go on and on about how I really do think that you should all buy tickets to go to this event, but really Esme Young’s words about it say all that needs to be said to persuade you:
“Whether you’re a professional tailor or hobby dressmaker, fashion student or vintage fan, there’s something for everyone with a love of sewing and even complete beginners willing to give it a go. We hope visitors will leave the show inspired and full of ideas for their next project”
And you could be going for free! All the more money to spend on sewing bits once you’re there – and here’s how to enter my giveaway:
You can enter here on my blog and on my Instagram on my latest photo (the one which is the Great British Sewing Bee Live logo) – so you can enter twice! To enter here on the blog:
- Follow me, so that you’ll know when my winners announcement post is up
- Comment on this post saying ‘I’d like the tickets!’ or something to that effect – if you try and enter on any of my other posts, it won’t be seen when I’m picking a winner, so please make sure that you do it on here!
- That’s it! I’ll be announcing the winners of the giveaway in a post on the 31st July, so make sure you enter on here by then!
To enter on my Instagram account (there’s a link there):
- Follow me on Instagram, so that I can direct message the winner
- Comment ‘I’d like the tickets!’ there as well (or again, something to that effect) on the post of the GBSB logo (and that post only!), as well as tagging the person that you’d take with you on the day – both so that they can see the post, and so that they can comment too – double the chance!
Like I say, I’ll be announcing the winners on the 31st July both here on my blog and on my Instagram, so please do make sure you’re following me on both so that you know if it’s you that’s won and we can get in contact about sending you the tickets!
Best of luck to everyone, I can’t wait for the event, and hopefully I’ll meet you there! In the meantime, if you’re just too excited to wait for the giveaway, and I’d understand if you were, I have a lovely discount code for you to use to get £1.50 off of adult and concession advance tickets:
Enter ‘HHD’ into the discount code box as you check out when you’re buying your tickets!
To read more about what’s going on at the event, buy tickets for the event itself or for the Super Theatre (or to apply for the live challenge!) go to http://thegreatbritishsewingbeelive.com/ 🙂